Registration for 2018 is now open ... sign up today for one of our most popular tours to the DPRK !!!
The echoes of the applause for finishers in the 2017 Pyongyang Marathon can still be heard around the Kim Il Sung Stadium, but we are already planning for the next edition. The 2018 event promises to be even bigger, and you can now register for that unique run in the streets of Pyongyang.
This race can be run either as a full marathon, as a half-marathon, as a 10 km race or as a 5 km fun run. In previous years this marathon race was only open to elite runners (qualifying time of 2 hrs 30 minutes !), and usually hundreds of local runners take part, as well as some elite foreign runners (foreigners have won the last two Pyongyang marathons). In 2014 this all changed when amateurs were allowed for the first time. Because of the huge success of this open event, we've been growing bigger and better in the past few years !
Anyone wishing to participate in this ground-breaking event can now sign up and start training. And of course, if you would like to watch the event without taking part, that is possible too ! A great way to mix and mingle with the 50,000 spectators who will fill the Kim Il Sung Stadium on April 8th. During the race, there will be some football matches in the stadium to keep the spectators on the edge of their seats.
We offer a variety of tours to Pyongyang for those who want to participate or watch but who have limited time on their hands. There are also a number of longer tours that you can participate in, and that allow you to run in either of the three events.
HOT HOT HOT NEWS === we now have a short Marathon Mini Break tour that departs from Shanghai and returns to Shanghai.
Details of this hot new option can be found here. This tour fills up very fast and has limited spaces, so register as soon as possible !
Check out the tour options here (click on the tour name), so that you can decide which one suits you the most :
1. Two-and-a-half nights Pyongyang Marathon Tour (from Shanghai) - April 5th to 8th (flight/flight);
2. Two-and-a-half nights The Real Runners Marathon Tour (from Shanghai) - April 5th to 8th (flight/flight);
3. Three-night Pyongyang Marathon Tour - April 7th to 10th (from Beijing);
4. Three-night Pyongyang Marathon Weekender - April 6th to 9th (from Beijing);
5. Three-night budget Pyongyang Marathon Tour - April 6th to 9th (from Dandong);
6. Five-night Pyongyang Marathon Tour - April 5th to 10th (flight/flight - from Beijing);
7. Five-night Pyongyang Marathon Tour - April 5th to 10th/11th (flight/train - from Beijing);
8. Six-night Pyongyang Marathon Tour - April 6th to 12th (or 13th if taking the train out - from Beijing);
9. Ten-night Pyongyang Marathon and Kim Il Sung Birthday Long Tour - April 7th to 17th (or 18th if taking the train out - from Beijing).
So, if the Pyongyang Marathon, half-marathon, 10 km race or 5 km fun run is something that’s missing from your runner’s CV, then here is your chance to rectify that. Register today for this incredible opportunity and be part of history. Don't let this opportunity pass you by !
Registration deadline : January 25th, 2018
Your options are as follows :
1. Full marathon - 42.195 km. Cost of entry is Euro 150 and you have a maximum of 5 hours 30 minutes to finish the race
2. Half marathon - 21.098 km. Cost of entry is Euro 100 and you have a maximum of 2 hours 30 minutes to finish the race*
3. 10 km race - Cost of entry is Euro 70 and you have a maximum of 2 hours to finish the race
4. 5 km fun run - Cost of entry to be confirmed (this is a new race as of April 2018)
We now offer exclusive gifts to participants in our various Marathon tours. All our participants (who finish their race within the time limit) will receive a running shirt and a finishers' medal. We also have commemorative finishers' shirts on sale ... But of course the grandest prize of them all is the the bragging rights about the fact that you will have participated in the world's most exclusive and elusive marathon event, finishing in front of a sell-out crowd of 50,000 wildly enthusiastic locals ...
Highlights of this tour :
The Pyongyang Marathon (and shorter races) - Be one of the first amateur runners to take part in this race, previously only open to professional foreign runners. A very special opportunity indeed !
Touring the highlights of Pyongyang, the capital of the DPRK. You will see as much as we can possibly fit in the time allocated to this tour. We have put together some amazing itineraries for all the participants in our tours !
For full details of our tours, please click here.
For details on the cost and the conditions, click here.
To register for a tour, please click here.